Oct 25, 2013

Gotta start somewhere...

I think I have been putting off getting healthy for every stupid reason I can think of. I have school, I have homework, I have housework, I have, I have, I have a handful of excuses!
Today I watched a few food documentaries. They always snap me into action. You name it, I've seen it. I have learned a lot, still have way more to learn but I am getting there. There is no diet that is gonna do it, there is no one exercise that is gonna do it. It is not portion control and exercice, it is a complete lifestyle change. It will not happen over night, but I will get there. Just like about 18/24 mons ago when I quit fast food, soda and 99% processed foods overnight. I feel so much better. Happier, stronger, just all around feel good stuff. Now the next phase, cut out ALL sugar and go plant based, no animal product eating.
I can honestly say that I do not miss ANY fast food, ANY soda and no processed food. But no steak on the grill in the summer with a cold beer.. Whew, this might get a little rough. I am not really a "sugar\sweet" kind of person, but I do LOVE really good brownies. I will tackle this a little differently that my first lifestyle change. I will start with sugar then move onto meats and then eggs, dairy, etc. I am not necessarily going Vegan because I will be keeping pure raw honey and an occasional egg. Also, I don't think that I could ever go without some kind of cheese. Not a milk drinker so that is not a problem at all. I drink Kefir too so there is a little more dairy. Is there such a thing as healthy dairy or healthy animal products?
I have removed all sugar, cheese, things I am eliminating and bagged them up. I will be giving them to church to stock their kitchen.
And because I cannot throw food away, tonight I will be having pork chops, not sure how I will prepare them yet.

No comments: